Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Catching Up …

Wow! It's been a crazy week. Last week I designed, designed and well, designed. Left Saturday to head to Nashville to the Imaging USA conference. It was amazing. Yes, it's for photographers, but as a designer I was on the hunt for new products and to find the best printer to refer my clients to. Photographers, do you have any idea how many albums are out there?? Wow is all I can say!

I met some great people. I had some of my templates in the Savvy Photographer booth. There were a few of us in there. Marsha was promoting The Savvy Sisterhood Workshop … awesome opportunity. I loved meeting Marsha and her sister Ann … both photographers and super nice people. Lori Nordstrom was also promoting her workshops and her camera straps. My husband's family business employs engineers. These guys think things through … they think EVERYTHING through. These camera straps were developed by a photographer and an engineer and let's just say they rock. If you are in the market for a new strap, check out Pepper straps. Your camera isn't going anywhere :)

I gave a presentation last night to the Greater St. Louis PPA. We discussed logos, marketing material and branding. It was a small, informal presentation and such a good experience. I enjoyed meeting that group. If you are in the St. Louis area and involved in photography, I'd check it out. Many, many resources.

So, I'm back. I'm not settled, but I'm crawling into my hole and designing my heart out. I'm getting a bit of a list for custom logos and sets. If you are interested or even thinking about doing one soon, please let me know so I can get you worked into my schedule.

Sorry for the long post and lack of pics … I'll be sharing a few new sets this week! I'm also going to post several premade logos I've got. I need to revamp my blog (shout out to Nancy at Monkey Tails), update my website and such … isn't January supposed to be a slow month?

Take care!

No comments: